Mr. Teddybear and I have decided to move our wedding and reception from the Golf Course we originally wanted to our Church. This was mainly done for financial reasons. Again, we did not want to cut the guest list because everyone on our list are near and dear to our hearts.
So, several of my DIY projects have been deleted as well due to costs.
- Wishing Tree - The trees are not cheap and it would also take a good amount of time to put together at the reception and I didn't want either Mr. Teddybear or I to be stressed in getting it put together.
- Foam Hearts - I just couldn't find these foam hearts any where and they were more than I planned on spending to buy them online. I couldn't justify this project.
- The Invitations - They have been completed and mailed out. We are starting to get a slow trickle of RSVP's in too. Here are some of my picts of the invitations.
- My Dress - My dress has been ordered, paid off and I have pictures of me in it. My first fitting will be next week.
- The Guestbook - Well since we are not able to do the Wishing Tree. Mr. Teddybear and I decided to go with the traditional guestbook with photos of us in it. The guests would sign in the space around our photos. However, this isn't going to be just a book on a table and that's it! No, we will have the guestbook surrounded by family photos. We found a great deal at BigLots. It was a fram that had 3 areas for pictures and on top of these pictures was the word "Family" carved out. This frame will sit on a gold table-top easel and will be surrounded by other smaller frames with pictures of our family members and extended family members. We will also have small votive candles on the table as well. As soon as I can, I will post pictures and hopefully a mock up of the table.
Still to be done: We have a few DIY projects left to be done. I am thankful that I have plenty of time to get it done.
- Programs - We haven't had our ceremony finalized by our Pastor. Once he finalizes our ceremony, we can commit it to paper and get the programs printed.
- Table Numbers/Names - We have decided to use Mr. Teddybear's favorite Nascar Drivers and their car numbers as our Table Names/Numbers. I will be working on a mock up of this this weekend as well.
- CD Favors/Tablecards - Well I don't want to make too many CD holders so I have only started cutting for 60 favors and if we get more RSVPs then I will make more. I just have these cut. I haven't put them together yet. I do have a mock up and when I take pictures of it, I will post it here.
Well, it is 5 weeks until our wedding. Mr. Teddybear and I can hardly wait. We are both so excited to be marrying each other and are looking forward to our future together.
Have a great weekend everyone!!