I am married to a wonderful man. My daughter loves him too. We are very lucky to have him in our lives. I am looking forward to becoming a blended family.
Monday, June 21, 2010
My List of DIY projects for my wedding
Well it will soon be 3 months till my wedding and so far, I am on time for my DIY projects. Here are my projects along with the original inspirations for each project where available.
1) Invitations. The first and foremost that needs to be done is the invitations. Without the invitations, there will be no guests for the wedding. So my inspiration came from Cards And Pockets. I am using the Signature style of pocketfold invitations in a Bronze color. I am also accenting it with cream and a bit of sage. I should be receiveing these tomorrow....I can't wait!!!
2) Favors. Our favors are not just favors. Our favors will double as the placecards. Although I don't have a picture handy of my inspiration, trust me, its beautiful. Our favors are music CDs with songs that are imporant to us. The holder will list all the songs that are on the CD and will have on the front the guests names and the table they will be seated at. The cd holder will be beautiful and will coordinate with my invitations.
3) Envelope Liners. I know that this should be under the invitations, but I think it deserves its own entry. I got the inspiration from Rosey Little Things. It seems a very easy project and I love the idea.
4) Wishing Tree - Several aspects of our wedding are non-traditional. Our wishing tree will be our version of the guest book. My inspiration came from this picture:
The only difference will be that we will have one tree but it will still have several branches. I plan on scrapbooking the tags into our wedding album. This picture and instructions were found here.
5) Bouquet Holders - I found this website when I was looking for florists: Blume Box. I went to their gallery and the ideas were zipping through my head! I couldn't believe that these were so affordable too!
Again, the ideas were endless!!!
6) Foam Hearts - I came across this idea late in the wedding planning and I thought it would be a nice touch for the entrance into the reception hall.
The foam hearts that I make will not be made with red roses, instead it will be made with the flowers that will be in mine and the bridesmaids bouquet. I came across this idea at SavOn Crafts.
7) Wedding Journey Display - Steve had a great idea by taking pictures of him and I as we went about planning our wedding. We took pictures at bridal expos, shopping for my dress, Elena's dress, and his tuxedo so far. We will putting up a display that will showcase our Journey from Will You to I Do.
8) Last but not least our Wedding Programs - This is something I really loved doing and designed myself. Although I don't have a picture yet, I finished the design about 4 months ago. I am just waiting to get the right color of cardstock which should be delivered with the invitations supplies tomorrow.
As of next Saturday, July 3, 2010, it will officially be three months before my wedding. I do not feel like I am running out of time or that I won't complete these projects. I know my craft abilities very well and am confident that I will complete all of these projects well within my timeframe that I have set up.
I hope these inspire others out there to think outside your box, you can create beautiful things!